"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Welcome to the staging ground for new communities! Each proposal has a description in the "Descriptions" category and a body of questions and answers in "Incubator Q&A". You can ask questions (and get answers, we hope!) right away, and start new proposals.

Are you here to participate in a specific proposal? Click on the proposal tag (with the dark outline) to see only posts about that proposal and not all of the others that are in progress. Tags are at the bottom of each post.

Comments on Can I ask Worldbuilding questions here?

Can I ask Worldbuilding questions here?

+1
−1

I would like to ask something about a world I am designing. Can I ask that here? Is this like in StackExchange and I get closed and downvoted without help?

To the existing members: This is the initial post for the proposal of a Worldbuilding community on Codidact. Before you judge about anything and start downvoting prematurely, keep in mind that there are no rules in place yet because the community had no chance to form yet. Please read the proposal first before you continue reading, to understand the context. Thank you.

History
Why does this post require attention from curators or moderators?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

Merger with Scientific Speculation? (1 comment)
Show more
This sounds like a post which should go into https://proposals.codidact.com/categories/68 not "Incuba...
samcarter‭ wrote about 1 month ago

This sounds like a post which should go into https://proposals.codidact.com/categories/68 not "Incubator Q&A"

Antares‭ wrote about 1 month ago · edited about 1 month ago

I can understand your idea, but no, I like to have that in the Q&A part. It is an essential piece of information that would be part of the "community-to-be-site". Not a meta topic. Directly accessible.

--> I am not really asking if this is possible. I know it is. I just want to encourage others to post more such questions. Therefore I "simulated" a question, that is inviting and encouraging.

As stated in the Incubator header text: Ask questions here as they would appear in your community if it were "live".

The incubation concept is somewhat broken. I posted about this in the CD:Meta forum. If you are interested.

samcarter‭ wrote about 1 month ago

Your question is about the community-to-be, thus for the meta category.