"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Welcome to the staging ground for new communities! Each proposal has a description in the "Descriptions" category and a body of questions and answers in "Incubator Q&A". You can ask questions (and get answers, we hope!) right away, and start new proposals.

Are you here to participate in a specific proposal? Click on the proposal tag (with the dark outline) to see only posts about that proposal and not all of the others that are in progress. Tags are at the bottom of each post.

Comments on Supporters for a Worldbuilding community on Codidact

Parent

Supporters for a Worldbuilding community on Codidact

+0
−4

I would like to get a picture of the general supporters (those who are "okay" with this) for a Worldbuilding community. Supporters are not meant to be obliged to participate actively. Just interested in it and not opposed to it. See the proposal for details.

• If you just want to give a quick feedback, please vote

• [+] --> "I'm okay with that, why not"
    • [-] --> "No, I do not want to see such a community here ever"
  • Feel free to suggest topics in the comments if you don't want to go into details but maybe have concerns a young community-to-be should consider.

For those who are planning on participating by posting Q&A on Worldbuilding later on: please add an answer with a few sentences outlining what you think a Worldbuilding community should be like. Or what you think would be most important to you. Or just what you would like to have clarification about (Scope for example). Or ... just ask by adding an answer with your question.

Also make sure to read the proposal carefully and point out anything that bothers you with it here as a dedicated answer (we can then use the comments to detail the discussion about it or decide to create a new meta post for it).

Also consider to "react" (below the title where the voting arrows usually are) on that Worldbuilding proposal to indicate your interest level.

This should get us going, to have a discussion about the outlines of the community-to-be.

History
Why does this post require attention from curators or moderators?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

0 comment threads

−1
I would like to get a picture of the general supporters (those who are "okay" with this) for a Worldbuilding community.

There is already a mechanism for this. Let's not confuse things by creating a second one. Anyone interested in a new community selects one of several "reactions" to the original site proposal. See below:

As you can see, currently four people have already done this, including you.

History
Why does this post require attention from curators or moderators?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

2 comment threads

Dangerous (3 comments)
Why didn't you register? (4 comments)
Why didn't you register?
Antares‭ wrote about 1 month ago

I've seen you have even posted on a (the only one right now) Worldbuilding question... yet you did not register on the proposal. AND also not upvoted on my posting...

That is kind of confusing me.

Because Olin is not interested in partaking in the community as a power user, or he is not confident that he has any useful questions or answers to contribute. That does not mean he can not interact with the content in that community. He is still welcome to vote on things, flag what should be flagged, comment, edit, etc. But there's no point in stating he will be a part of the community, if he actually won't hang out there.

AND also not upvoted on my posting...

It's unclear which post you're talking about, but again, there is no requirement to vote for the things you read, or interact with.

Antares‭ wrote about 1 month ago

Andreas lost his angel wings‭ I meant of course the question to which this posting and this comment belongs ;) I know that Olin probably does not intent to be an active user but maybe a once-in-a-while participant. That is okay. I call this "a supporter".

But Olin implied in his answer I would get a clear picture of those who "support" if looking at the reaction to the proposal of Worldbuilding.

I can see why this does not work on two things: (a) the proposal creator did not react and (b) Olin did neither. Also Michael did not, but agreed on Olin's answert --- So the idea to look at the "reactions" for the purpose of knowing about "supporters" is flawed. Therefore my post with the invitation to vote.

Supporting the creation of a community is not the same as participating in it after creation, nor the same as participating in it before creation. You can help shape a community, while continuously not wanting it. For example, Olin may think that the Worldbuilding proposal itself, is bad, low quality, or that there are other severe issues with it. Maybe he wants to point out flaws. That's fine. That's good. Participating doesn't mean you're supporting the creation of it.

I am active here, and as such, will probably vote for and comment on incubator Q/A, as well as discuss in the meta category, quite a bit more than the communities I actually endorse.