"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Incubator Q&A

Welcome to the staging ground for new communities! Each proposal has a description in the "Descriptions" category and a body of questions and answers in "Incubator Q&A". You can ask questions (and get answers, we hope!) right away, and start new proposals.

Comments on Why can't the body clear / drain a periapical tooth abscess on its own?

Why can't the body clear / drain a periapical tooth abscess on its own? [closed] Question

+1
−2

Closed as community not specified by Monica Cellio‭ on Nov 19, 2023 at 21:43

This question is missing a tag for an active community proposal. If the proposal this question is part of exists, please add the tag and the question can be reopened. If the proposal does not yet exist, please start an entry in the Descriptions category to describe the intended community. Descriptions can be fleshed out over time.

This question was closed; new answers can no longer be added. Users with the reopen privilege may vote to reopen this question if it has been improved or closed incorrectly.

Every single article I've read about periapical tooth abscess (including the one on this previous link) states that it won't go away without treatment.

I mean it's just hard for me to understand how, according to the current medical consensus, even a fully healthy human body, well-equipped with fighting infections can still succumb to an internal abscess without surgical intervention.

Please explain and/or cite a medical paper, book, etc. that goes into the details why these abscesses cannot be cleared on their own.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

4 comment threads

I've put this question on hold pending information about which community this question would be part ... (1 comment)
Which community does this belong to? (4 comments)
Literature request (1 comment)
Narrow it down? (1 comment)
Which community does this belong to?
Lundin‭ wrote 7 months ago

Questions below the "Incubator Q&A" category are supposed to be attached to a Community proposal under the "Descriptions" category. I can't find one matching your question and tags. There was an old proposal for Medical Advise in the old site proposal system here, but it was rejected and didn't get ported here. There was a response from Codidact staff that we couldn't support such a site. I think the main issue for any site like that (physiology, veterenairean etc) is that you absolutely need to verify that some users have relevant training IRL (i.e at least a Nurse degree or higher) and ideally those users should also be willing to be on the moderator team. Otherwise the site may literally become dangerous and harmful.

trichoplax‭ wrote 7 months ago

I've raised on Meta a feature request to Make proposed community tags mandatory to avoid this problem.

matthewsnyder‭ wrote 7 months ago

This could also fall under a hypothetical biology proposal. We don't have one, but Stack does and given that we have physics and chemistry it seems inevitable that a biology one will be created.

Is there currently a rule saying that you can't ask questions without a proposal, and possibly add a proposal later? I've added a more detailed answer to the link Meta question, but my own feeling going back to before this section was added is that it was always deliberately allowed to ask such questions.

There is also no reason why the proposal description and the example questions must all be provided by the same person. That labor can be divided, and if so, why should the first always precede the latter? You can get the same result by decoupling them, and the user experience improves.

Lundin‭ wrote 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

matthewsnyder‭ This has been pretty clear since day one. https://proposals.codidact.com/help/proposals. Nobody said that the same person has to do the proposal (which should be regarded as a community effort not the work of one person) and the Q&A. We need to have the proposal first or else how do we know which tags to use, what the site is for, what's on topic etc. Please don't invent some moderator nightmare by doing things backwards just because nobody could be bothered to read the linked post before posting here...